HOME APPLIANCES REVIEW
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Citizen Men's BL8000-03A Eco-Drive Calibre 8700 Watch

2 posters

Go down

Citizen Men's BL8000-03A Eco-Drive Calibre 8700 Watch Empty Citizen Men's BL8000-03A Eco-Drive Calibre 8700 Watch

ตั้งหัวข้อ  candumas Tue Dec 13, 2011 7:54 pm

I just got this watch, and it's hard to take my eyes off it. I looked at the Citizen Men's BL8000-03A Eco-Drive Calibre 8700 Watch with the blue dial and stainless strap (which a Citizen rep told me is one of their most popular models) but really found the white dial and silver accents, very striking in this model. And I like how the band sets off the face.

I really looked at every Citizen watch on their website, and kept coming back to this one!! The watch is very nice in person, the dial has some detail to it, so it catches the light especially with the silver accents.

As mentioned in other reviews, there are four basic modes that you can switch to:
1. Time
2. Calendar
3. Local Time (i.e. time zone #2)
4. Alarm

since it's not a digital watch (and we don't want it to be since it looks great as an analog!) the hands have to show you all the stuff. So if the Time is set to 3p and you are traveling and are in Singapore where it's 3a, then when you switch the modes, it's going to spin the hands around for 12 hours to show you. This is not good if you want to check and see what time it is 'back home' but is great if you travel, and don't want to keep resetting your watch. When you get back home, just change the dial back to Time and you're back in business.

There are three dials on the watch, in addition to the main hour/min hands, one is a 24 hour dial, with an 'hour' hand that points to the corresponding time in 24 hour mode. Basically this will help you distinguish AM and PM times on the dial, and is important when using the local time (i.e. time zone #2) and alarm modes to keep AM and PM straight.

Next there is the mode dial that points to TME, CAL, LTM, or ALM to let you know what mode you are in (time, calendar, local time, alarm). And lastly there is a dial that points to the day of the week, can let you know if the alarm is set or not, and can also let you know if this is a leap year, or how many years it's been since a leap year Wink

The watch also has a day of the month indicator at the 4 o'clock position, and this is a perpetual calendar, so regardless of 30, 31, or 29 days in the month, it will always be right!

As mentioned earlier, the watch has an energy saving feature which, when in the dark for about 30 minutes and not getting enough light to charge the watch, will stop the second hand at 0(12) to save energy. When light hits the dial, it will move the second hand rapidly to where it should be Smile

I will add that yes, this is a cool watch with lots of cool features, and you might have to do a bit of reading to figure them all out if you want to use them, but basically Citizen tries to make that as easy as possible. They give a detailed instruction book, they give interactive lessons on a free CD that comes with the watch, and you can go on their website and they will visually demonstrate the features to you too! What more can you ask for?

More :
Citizen Men's BL8000-03A Eco-Drive Calibre 8700 Watch
Citizen Women's EW1270-06A Eco-Drive Leather Watch
Citizen Men's BM8475-00X Eco-Drive Military Black Plated Steel Canvas Strap Watch
Citizen Men's BJ8050-08E Eco-Drive Professional Diver Black Rubber Strap Watch
Citizen Men's BJ2000-09E Eco-Drive Aqualand Stainless Steel Black Rubber Dive Watch
Citizen Men's AV0031-59A Eco-Drive Calibre 2100 Watch
Citizen Women's EW1170-51X Eco-Drive Silhouette Sport Watch
Citizen Women's EW0620-52E Eco-Drive Stainless Steel Watch
Citizen Men's BM8240-03E Eco-Drive Black Leather Watch
Citizen Men's BL8000-54L Eco-Drive Calibre 8700 Perpetual Calendar Watch
Citizen Women's EW0044-51L Eco-Drive Two-Tone Stainless Steel Watch

candumas

จำนวนข้อความ : 20

ขึ้นไปข้างบน Go down

ขึ้นไปข้างบน