HOME APPLIANCES REVIEW
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Casio Pathfinder PAW 1500-1v

2 posters

Go down

Casio Pathfinder PAW 1500-1v Empty Casio Pathfinder PAW 1500-1v

ตั้งหัวข้อ  candumas Sat Dec 03, 2011 7:35 pm

Just when you thought it was safe to go into the woods, there's nothing like the new Casio Pathfinder PAW 1500-1V to make you think that you’ve been pitifully unprepared on all those backcountry camping trips, epic mountain bike rides, and treks into the Swiss Alps, the San Juan’s, and the Boundary Waters.

This watch comes standard with a digital compass, altimeter, barometer, thermometer, tide charts, and a moon phase indicator. It’s also water resistant to 200 meters. I gave this watch to my husband as a wedding gift. He said I looked beautiful and sexy in my wedding gown, but he said that while gazing at the watch on his wrist. To be honest, I wasn’t sure if he was referring to me or the watch.

Oh! And it has Atomic timekeeping and is solar-powered.

We field-tested this watch on a marathon hike in the Sierra Nevada’s over our wedding weekend. I can’t tell you how excited I was to know the tide levels while at 8,000 ft in the Sierra Nevada’s. Call me a drama queen if you must, but I watched Apocalypse How on the Discovery Channel. It could happen, people. Don’t you want to be prepared?

Features (as plagiarized from the REI website):

Automatically receives atomic clock time calibration signals in the U.S., England, Germany and Japan for incredibly accurate timekeeping
No batteries to replace! This compact unit has a large-capacity solar storage battery that requires very little light to recharge
Small sensors detect direction, altitude and temperature, keeping you in tune with the world around you
Tide graph combines preset and user inputs; moon data includes moon age and moon phase graph
Digital compass displays current heading and features bearing memory; reports bearing in 1° increments
Altimeter tracks elevation gain and loss from -2,300 to 32,800 ft. (-700 to 10,000m) in 20 ft. (5m) increments
Altimeter memory captures up to 20 records of high/low altitude, cumulative ascent/descent, date, month and time
Altitude tendency and differential graphs position you with respect to your target altitude
Detect change in the weather—barometric tendency and differential graphs chart weather changes
Barometer tracks atmospheric pressure changes from 260 to 1,100 hPa (7.65 to 32.45 inHg)
Thermometer ranges from 14 to 140°F (-10 to 60°C) measured in 0.2°F increments (0.1°C)
Electro-luminescent backlight activates by simply tilting your wrist 40° toward you from the horizontal
1/100-second stopwatch measures elapsed time, split time and 1st-2nd place times
Features countdown (yacht) timer, time in 12 or 24-hour format, world time with 29 time zones, date, day, auto calendar (through 2039), 5 daily alarms and hourly chime
Water resistant to 200m (660 ft.)

The only thing this watch doesn’t do is provide CNN RSS feeds or e-mail.

Pro’s:

Wicked. It has enough doo-hickies to satisfy even the most persnickety and obsessive gear junkie.
Practical. No matter where you are, you know what’s going on with the tides, what direction you're heading, how long it’s taken you, elevation, and when the s*it’s going to hit the fan weather-wise.
Smart. It has tide charts!

Con’s:

Cost. It’s $250. I ordered this online at REI, which has the best price. Predictably, two days after I ordered it, REI had a 20 percent off sale on all regular priced merchandise. Story of my life.
User guide. It's a mere ten pages shorter than War and Peace.
Size. It’s a behemoth. This wrist-based global information center dwarfed my husband’s wrist:

candumas

จำนวนข้อความ : 20

ขึ้นไปข้างบน Go down

ขึ้นไปข้างบน