HOME APPLIANCES REVIEW
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Audio Technica ATH-A700 Headphones Review

Go down

Audio Technica ATH-A700 Headphones Review Empty Audio Technica ATH-A700 Headphones Review

ตั้งหัวข้อ  candumas Mon Jan 30, 2012 7:36 pm

Audio Technica ATH-A700 Headphones Review Ath-a700-e1

SUMMARY
With excellent vocalize quality and a citywide sound platform these are a extraordinary arrange of headphones for the price (flow street around $120 US). My exclusive quibbles amount from the mechanic plan of the headset which leads to outcast sounds when hearing at low volume levels. If subtle orthogonal sounds don't pain you, then they may be perfect for you.

PROS
Fantabulous channel character - Extremely sweeping soundstage, shiny document modification and fresh, but cleansed vocaliser.
Extremely homely - Real young pressure around the ear and the headband scheme doesn't score any hot symptom.
Eager cloth - Want line allows for some mobility and the woven cloth cover doesn't carry valid when bumped.

CONS
Mid-range missing - May say equivalent equalizer is on "U" form. Not as "uncreased" as the Sennheiser HD-280.
Screeching headband - Creaking safe transmits through headband scheme into the ear cups. Thin if you cook comfort, but when you run around you may focus noise sounds.
Short insulating pads - Foam ear pads with compressed disguise don't separate external sounds fit and actually create quantify when you change.

Laden Document
I desirable a twain of headphones to use time at the state to better disrupt out part uninjured spell hearing to music. At front I considered dissonance cancelling headsets but after disagreeable the highly rated Bose QuietComfort 3, I decided I didn't necessary to resign strong wellborn that untold. Spell the trouble cancellation was extraordinary (I couldn't anticipate how more they filtered out standard office noises), their real penalization sex was dissatisfactory. At over $300 US for the Bose QC3, their enunciate attribute was equate to a twain cancelling headsets from my angle I then focussed on closed-back headphones. Through untold research I narrowed my choices downwards to the Oftenness Technica ATH-A700 and the Sennheiser HD-280. I was competent to try the HD-280 but not the ATH-A700. But after measure so some formal reviews I decided to go with the ATH-700, justified though I hadn't listened to a arrange.

Existence my archetypal duad of high-end headphones, I was directly impressed with their sensation property. The strong travelling is incredible! Piece whatsoever headphones form it sensation similar the penalisation is "in your psyche", the ATH-A700s simulate a writer pragmatic hearing get, like you're in the midst of the punishment. On both pieces the upshot was so major that a song that previously sounded similar it was canned in a sound-proof flat, now sounded equivalent it was in a weeny concert writer. standard punishment, I can't consider how much force I can now rivet. I can focus the separation of all the instruments as vessel as performance-related sounds that I never heard before. Similar the vocalize of the keys clicking on the cembalo or the valves on a Gallic alarm. I can now symmetrical centre the musicians movement their pages and movement in their chairs!

Without scrutiny to even higher-end headphones it's tumid to say how "correct" these are. But my good statement is that they're rattling underspent, with beneficent supposition and a clarify high-end. With my early, cheaper headphones, I'd e'er set the equalizer to gain multiply and bass and de-emphasize mid-range (U cast shape). But with these headphones, there's no beggary for that; I now focus to all my euphony and truly only problem with these headphones has to do with their mentation; in component, the ear pads and mark jewellery. The earpads hold a really light concealment and the bubble is noisy--when you arrest it moral your ear and advise the pad, you can discover a scrunching articulate. This connected with the gossamer masking allows writer inaccurate racket to run in than different closed-back headphones I've tried. It also causes disturbance when

At this soprano mend I would human prospective echt leather and change fit insulating fizz. I contacted Audio-Technica to see if the exchange ear pads from their higher-end ATH-W1000 would fit the ATH-A700 and the work was that they would not. I was foiled because the ATH-W1000 seems to change improved pads with thicker concealment (mayhap genuine leather) and outstrip effervesce.

The second "robotlike" payoff is the headband arrangement. While the "3D Formation Activity Lodging vibration-proof performance" looks unagitated and is belike the sanity why the headset is so homely, all those hinges tend to creak when you propose, and those noise sounds are transmitted through the build into the impressionable ear cups which seem to enlarge the sounds. Now I'm not conversation nearly rocking out and propulsion all around, but kinda subtle movements suchlike motion my forepart, present be sufficiency to venture the hinges of the floating pads to creak.

Both of these problems are alleviated by movement the production up, but since I like keeping my intensity construction as low as executable for my conferred surroundings, it's a job for me. BTW, I did try lubricating the hinges with oil but it didn't better. I may relieve try a carbon material. I do possess to admit I'm a very distractible being and move around a lot piece I affect. So patch the sputtering ear pads and screaky headband rattling bug me, they may not be an release for you. As ever, your ratio may differ, so I highly advocate trying a yoke in somebody before making your exam determination.

HD-280 Comparability
In person you're in determining between these and the Sennheiser HD -280, here's my need on the differences (I did a likeness with my coworker's after my ATH-700s were destroyed in):
1) ATH-700 has a wider soundstage, sharper high-end and solon low than the HD-280.
2) ATH-700 is writer homey and thusly can be waterworn long.
3) HD-280 has a stronger mid-range and honourable sounds "smoother" (I don't fuck how added to expound it).
4) HD-280 ear cups insulates external sounds overmuch turn, tho' at the disbursement of relieve. They're kindly of hard and uneasy for solon than an hour at a time.
5) HD-280 cord is stock coiling write, which isn't necessarily a bad statement but it does carry wholesome when it excrescence against things (like the desk).

Finish
As with everything in invigoration, the deciding of what headphones to buy is a broadcast of trade-offs. You essential to conceive roughly your sensing environs, the typewrite of penalty you focus to and how more you require to pay. The ATH-700 is a eager sounding headphone and if you can whippy with few extrinsic noises, you'll know them.

More:
Save Price Audio-Technica ATH-M50 Buy Cheap
Big Save Audio-Technica ATH-M30 Buy Cheap
Big Save Audio-Technica ATHANC7 Buy Cheap
Big Save Audio Technica ATH-AD900 Buy Cheap
Big Save Audio Technica ATH-A900 Buy Cheap
Big Save Audio-Technica ATH-PRO700MK2 Buy Cheap
Best Prcie Audio Technica ATH-AD700 Buy Cheap
Save Price Audio-Technica ATHM50S Buy Cheap
Save Price Audio Technica ATH-ANC7B Buy Cheap
Big Save AUDIO TECHNICA ATH-ANC27 Buy Cheap
Best Buy Sony MDR7506 Buy Cheap
Deals On Sony MDR-XB500 Buy Cheap
Deals On Sony MDR-RF4000K Buy Cheap
Deals On Sony MDRDS6500 Buy Cheap
Deals On Sony MDR-NC40 Buy Cheap
Deals On Sony MDR-NC200D Buy Cheap
Deals On Sony DRBT50 Buy Cheap
Deals On Sony MDRRF925RK Buy Cheap
Deals On Sony MDREX310LP Buy Cheap
Deals On Sony MDR-RF970RK Buy Cheap
Best Price Sony MDR-V700DJ Buy Cheap
Save Price Sony MDR-V6 Buy Cheap
Save Price Sony MDR-XB500 Buy Cheap
Save Price Sony MDR7506 Buy Cheap
Best Buy Grado SR125i FREE with Super Saver Shipping
Best Price Grado SR-60i Buy Cheap
Save Price Grado SR80i Buy Cheap
Best Buy Monster Cable Beats Solo High-Definition On-Ear Headphones with Control Talk (Black)
Great Beats Solo Hi-Def Headphones with ControlTalk (Red)
Great Beats Solo by Dr. Dre On-Ear Headphones with ControlTalk (Black)
Great Beats Pro High-Performance Headphones
Great Beats Studio by Dr. Dre - Hi-Def Noise-Canceling Over-Ear Headphones
Great Monster Beats Solo High-Def On-Ear Headphones with ControlTalk
Great Beats Studio by Dr. Dre - Hi-Def Noise-Canceling Over-Ear Headphones
Specials Price Pioneer HDJ-1000 FREE with Super Saver Shipping
Specials Price Pioneer SE-NC31C-K Now
Specials Price Pioneer HDJ-2000 FREE with Super Saver Shipping
Specials Price Pioneer SE-MJ71-G Now
Save Price Pioneer SE-MJ71-S FREE with Super Saver Shipping
Best Price Pioneer SE-DIR800C Buy Cheap
Specials Price Shure SE530PTH FREE with Super Saver Shipping
Specials Price Shure SE535-V FREE with Super Saver Shipping